29 December 2016
A week in the Swedish countryside
My last week in Sweden was just amazing and it felt like half the time I was literally in a movie! I spent my last 6 nights in Sweden staying with my wonderful friend Kajsa and her family in their adorable country cottage in the Swedish countryside (about an hour out of Gothenbourg). I got to experience some amazing things and I really did get the whole Swedish experience, I wouldn’t be surprised if i packed my bags and moved there in the near future…
I didn’t take millions of photos this time and this won’t be a massive blog post like it could be because it was more of an experience for me and not something overly touristy (obviously). But I will share my favourite highlights from my time there with you guys!
- Horses: We went horse riding nearly every day we were there and I got to do everything horsey related which I love! From patting, to grooming to feeding and even picking up horse poop. I seriously got my horsey fix and it was just beautiful riding through the silent Swedish forests and I looked forward to my ride every day! And on my last ride there was even snow which just made it even more beautiful, but I was cold. Very cold, considering I am used to riding in shorts and singlets and not my ski jacket and thermals…
- Kajsas birthday: I was lucky enough to be there during Kajsas birthday and we had a surprise party for her which was wonderful! I got to meet loads of new people and more of her family and then the night after, we went out for a dinner where again, I met loads of new people!
- Making Kanelbullar (cinnamon buns): these are my all time favourite Swedish treat and I could eat them by the bucket load. So it was only appropriate that we hand made enough to fill up buckets and buckets worth. Eating them warm and fresh with a glass of milk mmmm…
- Eating moose: One night I got to eat moose that was hunted by Kajsa’s dad and oh my goodness, it was actually soooo yum! I would have it again without hesitation!
- EP release party: One of our friends Fanny (Carlen is her last name if you want to check her out) released her first EP while I was there so we went to her release party and her new songs are amazing! So be sure to check her out on spotify!
- Going hunting: I am never one for hunting or anything of that kind… but it was such an experience going out with the dogs and walking through the forest with Kajsa and her father… I actually learnt a LOT and the way they do it is sooo much more ethical than I thought. I mean I could write and write about it, but I’ll leave it at that for now.
- Girls nights: Kajsa and I had a few girly nights where we watched TV shows and did foot baths and had hot chocolates and fresh cinnamon rolls and it was just so much fun. Kajsa, I miss you already!
- Animals fix: all her pets. That is all. Animals, animals everywhere... all the love!
I mean these are only a few of my highlights of my time with Kajsa and her family… as I said, I could seriously write and write about it and I’m sure I’ll be talking and talking about it for a very long time because I seriously had the best time! I miss it so much! I want to say another thank you to Kajsa for making my time in Sweden amazing and all the effort you went to to make it a true Swedish experience was so so kind. And again, thank you to your wonderful family for putting up with me for a week!
No one be surprised if I pick up my life and move to Sweden… that is all for now.